TOMORROW ISN'T PROMISED.
KOBE'S GONE!
By T.E. Waterman

When I heard the news, I didn't believe it, so I called my sister. As soon as she picked up, she just said, "He's dead! Kobe's dead!" I couldn't believe someone that young was no longer here. What really had me reeling was when I turned on the NFL's Pro Bowl game, it was subsequently interrupted by a breaking news report on ABC; they showed the helicopter's crash site and said all of Kobe's daughters perished in helicopter crash along with him. I lost it right then and there, screaming out, "God protect them!"

The crazy part was that the news later reported that Kobe and his daughter Gianna Bryant perished along with seven other passengers. That sucked, man, did it suck. I was like at least his wife had three of their children too hold on to. That's the good news!

Pain seems to find us at our worst, and when it does, all we do is react to it. My reaction was thinking about how life is so short, so you gotta seize the moment--just like the Black Mamba in crunch time. Think about how we go through life saying, "I'll deal with this or that tomorrow." Well ladies and gentlemen, tomorrow isn't promised! We only have today, so seize it.

My family is extensive. I have numerous sisters, brothers, cousins, aunts and uncles. We love each other in our on way, but we also--in that same breath--have issues with one another. So I thought about me being on that helicopter and never resolving those issues with my family and how that would haunt me forever.

Think about if you and a love one had an argument, then tomorrow he/she was taken from you forever. How would you feel going through your life and never saying, "I'm sorry" to them. Wouldn't that suck? Wouldn't you think about them as they're lowered into the ground and you're never going to hear them laugh, cry, or anything for that matter, because they're gone!

Think about that. I mean really think on it, because you as a person need to be better, as do we all. So if you're aching in your heart for the loss of life that Kobe and his daughter suffered--and those seven other passengers, then you should know how that would feel if that was someone in your family.
Don't wait until tomorrow to show someone you love them. Be bigger than that issue that's keeping you apart from them. Shoot, I love you is only three words. That's not hard at all to say.


Written by T.E. Waterman

Hit me up on Jpay.com (state I.D 1168104) if you wanna talk.

Coming soon: AFTER.

Comments

Popular Posts